* SC has agreed to hear on Friday an appeal by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) against the bail granted to scholar-activist Anand Teltumbde in the Elgar Parishad-Maoist links case.
* SC termed as "disturbing trend" the exploitation of the "silence of Constitution" and the absence of a law governing appointments of Election Commissioners and the Chief Election Commissioners of the poll panel by successive central governments.
* SC said it will hear on December 6 the plea of a Congress leader challenging a recent notification by which the sale of electoral bonds has been extended by 15 more days in the year of general elections to legislative assemblies of states and Union Territories (UTs) with a legislature.
* Centre told SC it has held consultative meetings with all state governments, Union territories and other stakeholders on the issue of identification of minorities at the state level and 14 states have furnished their views so far * SC said it will hear on November 28 the bail pleas of Christian Michel James, the alleged middleman in the AgustaWestland chopper scam in which CBI and the Enforcement Directorate have lodged two separate cases.
* Central government told SC it will set up an online portal in a month to provide “seamless information” with regard to mental health facilities available in the country.
* SC said ordinarily the courts would not interfere with the tendering process if the scrutiny of tenders has been conducted in a “bonafide manner”. PTI PKS PKS SK SK