Extra-marital dating app Gledeen witnessed a huge rise with 9lakh+ new users since the pandemic

Shreyoshi Guha
16 Jun 2022
Gleeden- extra marital dating app

The world has changed so much post-pandemic, and so have the dynamics of marriage and relationships. Extra-marital dating app - Gleeden, studied trends with their user giving insight into how Indian married couples look at monogamy and exclusivity within their relationships.


The app conducted a survey in January 2022 that looked at couples and their perspective on monogamy and infidelity. According to the survey, 55% of Gleeden users ponder, ‘monogamy, a social obligation,’ while the remaining 45% still believe in it, however, affirm that monogamy is possible only under certain circumstances.

Since March 2020, Gleeden saw an increase of +112.5% in its Indian community that went from the pre-pandemic 8 lakh users to over 1.7 lakh in May 2022, gaining over 9 lack new subscribers from India in two years including 60% men and 40% women.

In the same year, post lockdown, the app also witnessed an 80% increase in overall signups, a 40% increase in daily chats, and an 11% increase in female users.


Before 2020, the app was getting only 60% of users from top metro cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, etc. The pandemic years, 2020-2021 saw 70% of users come from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.

There has been an overall increase of +82% of users right from 2020 to 2022 and the app continues to grow even more.

Adding to the interesting turn of events, 2020 and 2021 have seen a more than a 45% increase in subscribers looking for same-sex encounters through Gleeden. Overall, the percentage of married subscribers in the Indian community opting for ‘Homosexual’ as their sexual preference is 5% (v/s 12% of the global community).

The Indians using Gleeden includes individuals who are 25+ years, educated, and working at high-level jobs with a count of over 17 lakh users, and the gap between the two genders in the app is slowly closing.